Last Updated: June 5, 2018
As one of Manitoba’s leading retreat and conference companies, we offer a wide range of stay options for groups.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
6. LOCATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
8. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR Manitoban RESIDENTS
10. CONTACT US
We, or our Website providers on our behalf, may collect the following information about you or your use of the Wilderness Edge Website:
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password.
- Information about you or your friends and family: such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Competition, sweepstakes and survey information: any information provided when entering competitions, prize draws and sweepstakes we, or a third party on our behalf, may run. We may carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
- Customer care, technical support, and other feedback: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms and social media platforms. If you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and/or keep a summary of the call.
- Other information you provide: any other information that you provide to us including, posts, date of birth, content, photos, booking times or biometric identifiers such as facial scans or fingerprints.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, gaming platform, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, advertising identifiers, or gaming platform identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior: including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the Website you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information. Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our Website providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and Website.
- Social Media Information: if you visit the Wilderness Edge Website on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media Website or other platforms, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
Depending on the Wilderness Edge Website you use, we, or our Website providers, may use your information to:
Provide the Wilderness Edge Website including
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing technical support;
- sending you Website-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- displaying certain content, such as content you upload and make available, comments, and game statistics and rankings;
- generating suggestions on the type of video you might enjoy;
- understanding how you use the Wilderness Edge Website so we can improve them;
- processing your entries into sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
Personalize your experience including
- providing you with advertising based on your activities and interests;
- creating and updating audience segments that can be used for targeted advertising and marketing on the Wilderness Edge Website, television, third party Website and platforms, mobile apps and/or websites, and offline;
- creating profiles about you, including adding information we obtain from third parties, which may be used for analytics, marketing and advertising;
- sending you newsletters, surveys, and information about products, Website and promotions offered by Wilderness Edge, our partners, and other organizations with which we work.
Recognize your devices and associate the information with your profile including
- using data collected or received from Wilderness Edge Affiliates, Website providers, advertisers, and other third parties, such as your device information, to match mobile advertising and cookie identifiers;
- matching your devices if you log into the same online Website on multiple devices or web browsers or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same user or household;
- using this information to match your interests across devices, as well as for analytics, ad serving or reporting, or to improve the Website;
- identifying you or your device or associated information with you, your device, or your profile whenever you visit the Wilderness Edge Website, even if you do so when logged out or without intentionally identifying yourself.
Provide Website for our Hiking Areas, Parks & Resort
- such as ticketing and payment Website, mapping guidance, offers, and ride and gaming features.
Prevent fraud and defend our legal rights
- protecting the safety of our users and others;
- enforcing our terms of Website;
- preventing fraud or any other potentially illegal activities.
We may combine all the information we collect from or receive from you for any of the foregoing purposes. Please see Your Rights and Choices section for further information.
We may share your information with:
- Related Companies: Wilderness Edge Affiliates, such as those that assist us in marketing to help better tailor Website, products, marketing, and advertising to you.
- Website providers that perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: including research and analytics, website hosting, transaction fulfillment, payment, processing database maintenance, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, fraud prevention, technology Website and platforms, identity management and acquisition and conversion Website.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: information about how you use the Wilderness Edge Website and interact with content or ads to better tailor Website, products, marketing and advertising on our Website or on third-party platforms. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies/cookies to collect or request information about you including through surveys.
- Hashed/Masked Information. We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you.
- Other Users and Search Engines: depending on the Wilderness Edge Website, you may provide certain information including your name, photo, and other information to create an account (“Account Profile”). Some information in your Account Profile may be available publicly to other members of that Website, or the general public, and may be searchable by search engines. When we display your user submissions, they will be identified by information in your Account Profile. We may distribute user submissions to third parties, and if we do, we may include any information in your Account Profile or submissions.
- Research and Measurement Companies: we share information about website contact interaction you view on the Wilderness Edge Website with marketing website such as Active Campaign, as well as other analytics providers such as Google. See Your Rights and Choices section for more information.
- Law Enforcement Agencies, Regulators, Content Protection Organizations, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups to:
- protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of Wilderness Edge Affiliates, our employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- protect the safety and security of visitors to the Wilderness Edge Website or other properties;
- protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal processes; or
- enforce applicable terms of Website.
Video Viewing Behavior
With your appropriate consent, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytic partners, and social media sites.
Sale or Transfer of all or Part of our Business or Assets
Most of the Wilderness Edge Website is intended for users of all ages. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us at [email protected]
Minors Under 18
Minors under 18 years old, or their parents, may request the removal of information that they posted to Wilderness Edge sites by contacting [email protected] Upon such request, Wilderness Edge will anonymize, or remove any content posted by a minor, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
Schools and other organizations that are covered by provincial or federal student privacy laws will be able to control the collection and processing of student data when they create and utilize certain solutions we make available to them, such as sports team management solutions.
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. You cannot unsubscribe from Website-related, transactional, or emails related to your Wilderness Edge Website.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our Cookies and Tracking Technologies policy provides certain opt-out choices. However, we may still allow collecting usage data for certain other purposes (e.g., contextual advertising, research, analytics, and internal operations).
For information about Mobile Apps, including how to opt out of targeted advertising, video measurement and certain analytics, please contact [email protected]
Access, Correction, and Deletion
Depending on the Wilderness Edge Website you use you may be able to access and correct certain information through the features provided by the Website. In addition, where legally required, we will provide users with access to their information and the ability to review, update, correct, and/or delete it. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your information. For more information please contact [email protected].
Other Online Website
Wilderness Edge is headquartered in the Canada and may from time to time transfer your information to other countries and make it accessible to other Wilderness Edge Affiliates and Website providers and advertisers regardless of where they are located. We will take steps to ensure that your information receives an appropriate level of protection.
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for the Wilderness Edge Website to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide via the Wilderness Edge Website. These safeguards vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. Please be aware that no security solutions are infallible.
If you are a resident of Manitoba, you can request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by Manitoba law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Manitoba residents may contact us at Chief Privacy Officer,Wilderness Edge Legal Department, 32 Burrows Road, Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada R0E 1L0 . Include the statement “Your Manitoba Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, province, and postal code. In the body of your request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a Manitoba resident and provide a current Manitoba address for our response. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.