Tube Rentals as featured in Travel Manitoba, Explorethe204, Narcity, GRFilms, Trailpeak and others…
Tube Rentals, Canoe Rentals, and Raft Rentals are perfect for those seeking amazing Manitoba Retreats and Adventures.
There’s a reason why thousands of people flock towards Pinawa during the summer months. The ultimate spot for all of your tubing, canoe and rafting adventures. Wilderness Edge offers excursion opportunity to anyone who dares to take on the channel. Located just one hour away from Winnipeg, we provide tubing and rafting adventures with equipment rentals, all at a fair price. You can also power pack the experience with one of our complete day trips, overnight or weekend packages.
Day and Overnight Adventure Retreat Options
TUBE RENTALS / RAFT RENTALS / CANOE RENTALS
Let’s cover the basics on Manitoba Adventure Retreats and Rentals
Waiver forms are required to be signed due to the dangers of water, rocks, transport and more…
- Tube rentals are geared towards teenagers and older may require a bit of kicking to move you through slow parts of the river and generally takes 2 to 3 hours to complete if you don’t make any long stops along the way. Please note there is a weight restriction of 250 lbs.
- Rafting rentals, unlike white water raft rentals, is slow rafting and ideal for children, families, and corporate team building events. The trip begins upstream from the Pinawa Diversion Dam, where the Winnipeg River and the Pinawa Channel starts and runs for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. This trip features beautiful boreal forest, rugged granite walls, and you can often see turtles sunning themselves. A perfect addition to any adventure vacation for families, youth groups, and corporations.
- Canoe rentals are geared towards those with existing experience in the safe use of canoes and understand water safety. Water conditions are slow-moving with swift sections. If you choose to take the Pinawa Channel route there are two portages and you will require selecting the Old Pinawa Dam for 5 pm transport option when making your booking.
- You are required to lift your canoe off its docking station and put it into the water. If you are not familiar with the safe operation of a canoe, we strongly recommend booking our Day Adventure, rafting or tubing options instead.
- We provide tube & raft transportation for your driver after dropping off your group and parking in the designated area.
- We have separate men’s and ladies change rooms in our lower level. They include 4 showers each plus toilet facilities.
What to bring for Tube Rentals
- We strongly recommend NOT taking your keys on the river – the locksmith is expensive!
- Please leave valuables at home or locked up.
- Sunblock, preferably waterproof sunblock that is safe to the environment
- Water Shoes (there is gravel in the launching area and mud in the ending area, plus these help to prevent you from cutting your feet)
- Flip Flops or Sandals
- Snacks (crackers, sunflower seeds, pretzels, chips, etc.), however, we do have a Solo store beside us here in Pinawa if you need a few things including ice.
- Change of clothes (we do have a changing area for after the float in our 1st East lower level)
- Towel to dry off after you rinse off at our shower station
- Water (regardless of what else you bring, have water with you to stay hydrated)
- Cell phone with dry bag/box in case of emergencies (highly recommended)
- Extra bags for clothes or trash, however, we do supply bags for trash
- Dry box/bag to keep wallets or anything else dry
- Sombrero (Hahaha)
- Inexpensive Sunglasses (possibly with a safety strap to prevent losing them)
- Cooler (52-quart coolers fit perfectly in the cooler carrier tubes, smaller ones also work). The Pinawa Solo store has ice for sale and they are located right beside us, if you don’t want to bring your own. PLEASE NOTE bringing alcohol onto the river is illegal in Manitoba.
- Ball or Frisbee if you want to stop and play along the way.
- Beverages of choice (cans or plastic bottles are preferred, glass is not allowed)
- Waterproof radio
- Waterproof watch
- Waterproof camera in case something amazing happens
- Squirt Guns, Water Toys
You may see
- other people tubing, canoeing, kayaking, etc
- When you see the suspension bridge, it’s time to exit the water! To your left just BEFORE the bridge, there is a landing area! Warning! If you fail to exit BEFORE the bridge, prepare to sleep in the wilderness. :) There are no other exit spots after the bridge!!
If you enjoy these types of water adventures, then so will your friends, so why not share it